Saturday, November 3, 2007

Recipe Request And Update

Hello friends,
I am having a great time on the volunteer expedition - saw another whale shark this week and turtles several times despite spending most of my underwater time with my nose in the coral. We are finished with the training phase and are now contributing actual research and survey data to GVI's research partners. It really feels good to be work diving and contributing something. Outside of the volunteer duties, I also was invited to help teach some local kids to dive this morning. So I lost some hours off my free time but who cares? The kids are so excited and into it that I didn't mind at all and cannot wait for next weekend. It was a challenge listening to the kids and understanding them through their Creole accent...

I have a special request from you - we are divided into four teams and rotate a day of kitchen duty every few days. I am far away from my "Heaven On Seven" Cajun cookbook and want to make jambalaya for 30 in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have a good recipe (simple, please - not a lot of great market options here,) that I can scale up for the other volunteers and staff? Just send it to my email with Jambalaya in the subject heading - thanks!!!

In other news, we had a big Halloween Party last night and we partied late and long and loud... I went in a toga with lettuce leaves pinned onto it all over me - get it? Anyway, there is now a big new bunch of Mexican and Flip-Cup fans in the Indian Ocean!

All for now,
Please write and send me recipes, too!
Stay Wet,
Clement