Thursday, November 8, 2007

Change Of Plans - Spain!

Whoops, I forgot to mention this - I've added Spain at the end of my trip! I have friends living there now and since it's the southern part of Europe I'm hoping it's a bit warmer than the rest, (yeah, right.) I've been enjoying warm weather since spring hit DC last March and am NOT looking forward to the cold stuff - it's about 87 in the Seychelles today, and sunny of course. So now I've got ten days to visit Madrid, Barcelona, and anything else that strikes me. Maybe Seville? Valencia? I'm open to suggestions! My original plans are in a July post if you want to look back and laugh. Like I did.

If I've learned one thing this journey, it's that the best laid travel plans disintegrate on the ground so I'm putting myself in the hands of those showing me around. Just like I love being the best tour guide in DC, locals always know the best things to visit and the better ways to do it. I'm most excited about Barcelona - I'm not sure if it's the way those that have been there get wistful about it, what I've read, or just my imagination, but I'm a little afraid it's a city I will fall in love with and never want to leave. But that's even more of a reason to visit in my book!

So now I get home in February and then I'll figure out the rest of my life... Yaaay, I've put reality off one more month!
Wish me luck!

Buenos Tardes,
Clemente