Sunday, November 4, 2007

Oh well.

Couple of "Oh Well" things...

Internet here in the Seychelles is really slow at best. I sometimes get lucky with my flickr uploads but blogger pic uploading just plain sucks. So don't expect pics on this page, just navigate to my flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/clementpics/sets/
and check the sets.

Also, my new wonderful camera is in Singapore getting repaired. It turns out that Canons are really great cameras as long as you don't drop them on a cement floor. Who knew? Anyway, I'm using the old camera again, (and bitching about it, I assure you,) so there aren't as many pics to put up anyway.

Had a great weekend, played all day yesterday and went for a three hour plus snorkel today and saw 3 turtles, big schools of fusiliers, two moray eels, a bumphead parrotfish, some cuttlefish and lots of barracuda. Managed to get a pretty good sunburn on my elbows, too... Must have missed a spot with the SPF 50!

More on the cooking front, my team has kitchen duty tomorrow and I'm going to make bread. From scratch. Wish me luck, my first attempt last week tasted great but was really doughy. I'll try cooler water and see if the yeast works a little better... I also made stir-fried veggies for 30 at lunch and it turned out great. I'm even eating eggplant (gasp!)

Oh yeah, even though my opinion might not be popular: vegemite and marmite are nasty. Anf porridge is really oatmeal, so there...

And last of all, I just finished "Ishmael" by an author named Quinn. Another shake up your brain, soul, and life book. It's about human and world history and our place in it... Lots to think about in this one and I strongly recommend it. I'm actually going through it a second time just to make sure it sets in. It's the kind of book that makes you not want to pick up another book anytime soon because it will seem so bland and meaningless. Like having a major gourmet Italian meal and then looking at a saltine for dessert. Get it and read it.

Love y'all,
Clement