Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Let's see how this works...

OK, Friends - you know how useless I am with computers, so we'll see how this works. I figured that with some really interesting times coming up in my life, I might as well start a blog so everyone can check in on me, I can be creative and let my pen, (errrr keyboard,) flow. Also I will post pics and any cool stuff I find about my travels. I'll check some sites...

A word of warning, I don't plan on holding anything back - so take heed: Count on reading strong language, graphic descriptions of 3rd world diseases, and scary dive and travel stories, oh my!

This journal is not totally ready to go just yet, I don't plan on leaving the country until July 31st or so, (starting to worry about getting my new pages-added passport back, actually...) but since I AM homeless and have been travelling since about April 16th, I figured I'd get started with the US stuff - and get my blog feet wet, so to speak...

I will keep this blog mostly travel related, I've debated doing the personal thing to share my mind and heart - but I think I'll do that one anonymously elsewhere. So don't worry Mom - no personal laundry to be aired here!

In other news, I'm on myspace.com, too!! http://myspace.com/clementberard

I'll get started with the wine tour later - right now it's brought me to Abingdon, VA, in the very bottom left hand corner of the state. (Though judging by the bumper stickers, they would HATE to be described that way!! I doubt anyone even admits to being left-handed.) I'm maybe 10 miles from my beloved Old North State, and maybe 20 from Tennessee. Tomorrow is mucho driving and 2 wineries. But I'm off to dindin!

Ciao, Stay Wet, See Y'all and I'll make another attempt later

-C