Monday, January 14, 2008

Very Quick Update And Medical Question...

Hi there,
Tanzania wonderful.
Safari Incrrrrredible!
Just came down from Kilimanjaro this AM - I made it!!! (I'm the only one of group who did...) It was VERY hard, Lynne, Marc & Mike - it was way harder than the Boiling Lake. According to guide, the wind was the worst in 5 years, and the temp was -13!!
Here's the medical question for any of the RN's or MD's who read this:
My rental cold weather gear completely sucked, from the sleeping bag to the tent and clothes, too - especially the gloves. Although I never had any signs of frostbite like the whitening or grayness or blisters, my wedding ring finger tip has no feeling (no jokes about my related symptom of apparent lack of appeal to the opposite sex, please,) more than 35 hours after summiting. Color is normal, response to pressure is the same as all the other tips, and the skin temp feels the same as the other 9, too, just no feeling.
Any idea what this is?
Ahsante Sana,
Clement